This is an old gift guide. It’s not of the best quality and it hasn’t been updated for years. Here’s 2016’s (MUCH) better Teen Girl Gift Guide. I’d seriously recommend you look at that one instead.
Do you need a gift guide choc-full of great gift ideas for teen girls? Are you looking to pad out your wishlist, win your daughter over in the divorce, or get your best friend a gift she’ll never forget? Well then, you’ve come to the right place! This is an extensive list of over 300 Teen Girl Gift Ideas – it is the ultimate list of gift ideas this Christmas. So grab a cup of tea, get your wallet out and scroll down.
- Most Pinned Gifts (a lot of traffic is directed here through Pinterest, so the gifts that have been Pinned most are here)
- Gifts Under $5
- Gifts Under $25
- Gifts Under $50
- Gifts Under $100
- The Jesus-Christ-When-You’re-Old-And-Senile-I’ll-Make-Sure-Your-Nurses-Are-All-Hot-And-Wear-Short-Tight-Uniforms level gifts that will get you in your teen’s good books . . . forever
- Cute Best Friend Gifts
- Gifts For Cheap – this section is a MUST LOOK AT; it can save you so much money without forfeiting any quality and (for those of you that dread it) no DIY. Woo!
- DIY Gifts Done Right
- Interesting Ways To Give Money So It Doesn’t Seem Like You Just Forget To Get Them A Gift
The aim for this year is to present presents (see what I did there?) that teenagers that don’t like presents will love; presents that teenagers who don’t know what they want; who are emo or tomboyish; who are overly girly or on their phone 24/7; who – well, the point is, it doesn’t matter who they are -there’s something here for everyone. And I’ve even arranged it into loads of pretty little categories so you don’t have to skim through over 500 lines of text. Aren’t I a helpful cookie?
By the way, I actually have my own store (yes, this is shameless self-advertisement for an entire line. I’m terrible. How on earth do I live with myself?) so check it out – http://www.zazzle.co.uk/okaaythen
And, in this new edition, vague presents – clothes, CDs, DVDs – come equipped with a handy mini-store widget. This is basically where I built a personal wishlist for this items that you can peruse and buy. So, instead of just telling you to buy DVDs, I now have a lovely widget telling you exactly what DVDs I would recommend.
So, without further ado, let’s get onto the list! (Can you tell I’m writing this at 1am? I feel like you can tell…)
Most Pinned Gifts!
I know a lot of you have been directed here through Pinterest, so I decided to place the most Pinned gifts up here for you to find more easily. (Because, yes, crawling through 300 gifts to find that one can be quite long!)
By generic gifts, I don’t mean “ugh, so boring and overdone – everyone has heard of these”; I mean generically pleasing. Whether you hate Hula Hoops or love Kit-Kats, (Hula hoops the crisps. Nobody could hate Hula Hoop the toys. If you do, you’re probably a terrorist. Then again, how could you hate the crisps? Seriously, stay away from me, you strange and slightly scary person.) these gifts (should) make you a happy duck.
Please still use your common sense though.
I wouldn’t want to be responsible for a teen throwing an offensive gift at your head, and it somehow ending in your unfortunate demise. Well, I wouldn’t mind – as long as there was no legal proof. So, in very clear grey writing, please try to keep in mind who you’re buying for.
Teenage Girl Gifts Up to $5
I created an aStore specifically for presents under $5 – as we’re going to be very familiar with aStores by the end of this post let me quickly explain what they are. They are basically a mini online store that’s filled with items I’ve personally selected off of Amazon and grouped together for quick viewing – so instead of having to read through all my ideas below you can just skip to a selection of over 150 $5 or less items. This option is at the top of all the categories. This year’s gift guide is high-tech, bitches. Y’all don’t even need to read.
Um, why did you suddenly turn Southern? The moment took me. aStore – Here!
- Sweets. A slight cop out to some – a wise choice for others. I personally love the idea of getting sweets as a gift, because I prefer smaller gifts – mainly because there seems to be a direct correlation between how small a gift is and how well it is wrapped.
Also, if you now their favourite sweets, you can just buy them a load for a cheap and personal and guaranteed to be well received gift.
- Cheap jewellery. As I love you all, I created an aStore specifically dedicated to jewellery (which is essentially where I scrolled through Amazon and selected the best things I could find and arranged them into price ranges) so you can browse a specially chosen selection that are specifically in your price range. And what am I? A teen. So who have I chosen for? Teens!
Chokers are so in right now that you just can’t go wrong with buying someone one.
- Fake piercings. Fake piercings are such a stylish, useful idea because . . . well, getting piercings is a phase that every teen seems to go through – and instantly regret. (I’ve included some fake piercings in my jewellery aStore)
- Key chains! Cheap and adorable – what could be better?
Best Bitches Key Chain – $5
- Talking along those lines – best friend gifts are great! Like this bracelet set:
Best Friend Bracelet – $6.99
- Nail Polish
- Posters! Posters are great because . . . well, they’re cheap, adorable and what says “I know you!” more than getting someone a giant picture of their favourite band, or something? Even if you don’t know them that well, there are loads of generic posters that anyone would love!
- For example: a Game of Thrones fan may like this.
Game Of Thrones Poster – $4.86
- But, if you’re just genuinely baffled as to what your specific teenager’s interests are, you could always do something generic like this:
A3 Poster – $3.49
- Socks. Okay, look at me like that. But socks are a great stocking filler and . . . they’re cheap. Novelty socks are also great gifts because they’re cute and useful. Can’t go wrong.
- Books! Although, if bought in store, books can be pretty pricey (there are some months I end up spending £15 on a single book . . . I regret nothing.) when bought online they usually cost about £3 – and that’s new.
- USB sticks. Okay, yes, I know you’re thinking “wow, Mia, isn’t that . . . so incredibly boring.” … You, my dear reader, would be correct – but USBs are pretty much necessary once you reach high school and some of these are . . . well, really, really cute.
Flip Flop USB Pendant – $5
Food/Dessert Shaped USB – $3.99
Camera Shaped USB – $3.99
- Badges! Who doesn’t love badges? They’re cute, expressive and . . . inexpensive. Not to mention – cheap. I know you’re probably like who even wears badges, but wait until you see these!
“Ooh burn” button – $3.70
Cute button set – $10
Antisocial Button – $4.45
- Which reminds me – pins
- BEANIES! (See what I did there?) There are so many different kinds of beanies and they’re all adorable. The aStore has a nice variety for you lovely people, just saying.
- Cake pops!
Bad Hair Day Beanie – $3.50
- Chocolate pizza! (Please. Please.) An Entire Store For Chocolate Pizza! (The individually wrapped pizza slices are adorable, let’s not lie.)
- Fake nails (if you go instore to somewhere like Boots, these cost like £10, for a pack of 24, but on Amazon it’s £2 for a pack of 200, so if you have a nail art enthusiast you could buy them nails and some polish.)
- Nail Art Kit – $8
500 False Nails – $2.80
- Cute Notebooks!
Believe In Yourself Notebook – $5
All Things Grow With Love Journal – $5
- Pens! Okay, don’t look at me like that. I meant cute pens. Like these.
Kawaii Pen Set – $3.42
Set of 12 Pens – $7
- Nail decals (essentially stickers or press on designs for your nails) – these are cute and usually cost about 40p per sheet.
Playing Cards Nail Decals – $1.99
Geisha Nail Decals – $4.50
Black Lace Decal – $2.29
- Guitar Picks (if you do have a guitarist in mind, you could also buy them a Guitar Pick Maker for $24)
Pack Of 20 – $2.21
The aforementioned guitar pick maker.
Guitar Pick Maker for $24
- Face Masks
- Adorable knee high socks
Knee High Socks – $4.12
- Leg warmers!
Leg Warmers – $4.54
- Fluffly socks! (Great around Christmas especially.)
- PIGGY BANKS!
- Like this one!
Money Maze Piggy Bank – $5
- Bookmarks! (This might go down better, say, with a book)
- Notebooks! I love notebooks and just . . . general stationary, so this could get . . . intense.
Decomposition Book – $5
- Tiny, cute purses
Backpack Purse – $2.67
Pink Purse – $4.26
- Midi Rings!
4-Pack Bohemian Rings – $2.99
- Water Infuser – these are actually quite popular at the moment and they’re very good for healthy/active teens.
Water Infuser – $4.99
Presents Under $25
- CDs. If you know their favourite singer or band, you could even buy them a CD, a poster and a band tee.
Anti-Social Social Club Cap – $10
Skullcandy Earphones – $13.75
Pack of 20 Toe Rings – $5.99
- USB Powered Mini Fridge
I don’t know why I find this so cool, but . . . it’s a USB powered mini fridge! $20
- Okay, so the next thing is insanely popular with teens everywhere – because nowadays our phones are our lifelines.
Clear Doodle Phone Case – $9.99
Chill Pills Phone Case – $5.79
Love Potion Phone Case – $5.99
Sunglasses Case – $5.99
Deadpool Phone Case – $7.99
Teddy Bear Phone Case – $4.90
- Funny T-Shirts. I actually have my own store which has a range of stuff, which includes some funny t-shirts. (like the one below – it’s designed on a male shirt so it’s big enough to wear as a pyjama top. But I want it.)
“Be Someone’s Shot Of Whiskey” T-Shirt
- A full pencil case – complete with some nice pens.
Pencil Case – $10
- Phone Cases. Phone cases are so cute – and kind of essential too.
F In Exams Calendar – $15
Super Graphic Calendar – $15
- Notebooks! I love notebooks..
Notebook – $8
My Future Listography – $10
- POPCORN MAKER! (There . . . may be an absurd number of food makers further down the gift guide.. Just a brief warning.)
Coca Cola Vintage Popcorn Maker – $24
- Fairy lights! (I’m not joking; these are honestly on my Christmas list)
Fairy Light Curtain – $17
The Procrastination Pen – $10 (You know why.)
The Get Crap Done Pen – $10
- Nail polish sets!
24 Piece Nail Polish Set – $19.99
- Laundry Punch Bag. I’m sorry, but this is so bloody cool. I want one.
SUCK UK Punch Bag Drawstring Laundry Bag – $19.99
- Money Jars!
- Speak of the devil!
Panda Money Stealer – $13.99
Digital Piggy Bank – $13.47
- Cream sets.
Colour Your Own Sticker Book – $9.99
- Good hair conditioners – okay, fine, you might think it’s a bit boring, but I guarantee 80% of teen girls (including me) adore hair conditioner. It’s a necessity. But it’s a bloody expensive one; treat your teen to some quality stuff as a good present.
- Decision Maker.
Decision Maker – $11
- “Hi, I’m A Pessimist” T-Shirt
- Victoria’s Secret Body Mists. These are amazing. My friends and I trek up to London a few times a year just to go to Victoria’s Secret and buy them. Ugh. They’re lovely.
Coconut Passion Body Mist – $10.99
- Body Butter
Body Butter 5 pack – $27
- Bath bomb sets!
- Soap sets
Cupcake Sweets Bath Bomb Set – $14.99
- Chocolate sets/Boxes
Thinking Of You Chocolate Gift Box Set – $19.95
Campus Survival Junk Food Gift Kit – $19.95
- Speakers! Portable speakers are a bit of a rage right now (pretty much half of my friends have at least one. Usually more in a bunch of really bright colours.) and they’re cheap, so why not?
Bluetooth Wireless Shower Speaker – $9.35
It’s a speaker. For the shower. How fucking cool is that? Come on
- Ripped jeans
- Ear cuffs
- Keyboards / Keyword Stickers
This is another new personalisation suggestion that I just love. I mean, you can have galaxies on your keyboard. How . . . fucking . . . cool.
Galaxy Print Keyword – $11
Pokemon Keyboard Stickers – $12
Starry Night Keyboard Stickers – $7
- Skullcandy earphones
Skullcandy is such a popular brand because they’re really cute and individual – these are only a few designs, but there really are loads. I also know from experience that they work really well and last for ages. Skullcandy Store
- Cute motivational necklace
Breathe Pendant Necklace – $6.99
Floral Coin Purse – $6.99
Sassy Coin Purse – $11
- Portable chargers are massive at the moment. Having a power source for your phone wherever you go is massively attractive for us teenagers because . . . well, they’re our phones.
Portable Charger – $20
Sassy Watch – $14
Around The World Watch – $4
- Band merchandise – if you know their favourite band, you have the key to their heart. Band merch comes in all shapes and sizes – keyrings, posters, t-shirts, wristbands, phone cases, notebooks . . . the list really does go on. Although, if you don’t know their favourite band and play it safe with Nirvana or Guns’N’Roses.
- Ear cuffs (I feel like I’ve already mentioned these. Sorry.)
Angel Wing Ear Cuffs – $2
Dreamcatcher Ear Cuff Set – $12
Butterly Ear Cuff – $15
Batman Ear Cuff – $7.50
- Slave chain bracelets – these are adorable and so cheap. And they’re basically a ring, with a bracelet.
Silver Slave Chain Bracelet – $11
Bohemian Bracelet – $8.99
- Art Supplies
- Hobby Guide Books – if you know some of your teen’s interests, you can get them hobby books. Or, if you want to get them into something, give them a hobby book.
- Tote bags!
Like this tote bag!
Black and Pink Bow Handbag – $22.79
Dogeared Unicorn Necklace – $62
- Hula hoop! Hula hoops are fun and healthy. Good for teens that want to get in shape and inexpensive.
Hoopomania Light Hoop Hula Hoop with Foam 1.2 kg – $22
- Next up are a few gifts that I think are very important for teenagers – positive gifts. Your adolesence is often a turbulent time and sometimes it can be helpful to give your teen a gift that keeps on giving – happiness.
Positive Notebook – $6.95
The 52 Lists Project – $10
How To Be Happy – $10.86
Happy Notebooks – $14.99
Teen Gifts Under $50
- A hair drier! Especially for teen girls, hair is a big factor. You could buy them some proper styling equipment and they’ll love you.
- Continuing on from that, Hair Curlers! (Whether these are tongs or whatever)
- Hair straighteners!
PROFESSIONAL 1 CERAMIC TOURMALINE IONIC FLAT IRON HAIR STRAIGHTENER FREE GLOVE + POUCH AND travel size Argan Oil Leave In Hair – $39.99
XTAVA Professional 5-in-1 Curling Iron – Hair Curler – $39.99
- A tattooed barbie!
- THE BEST THING IN THE BLOODY UNIVERSE. Cards Against Humanity.
Cards Against Humanity – $24 For those of you that don’t know, CAH is basically a card game. And that is all I’m going to reveal. Just . . . look it up. It’s amazing.
Hype Galaxy Backpack – $36
Baby Doll Pink Backpack – $45
Drawstring bag – $20
I Don’t Care Backpack – $40
- Novelty boxers.
- Lingerie. (Probably more of a girl-to-girl thing. It would be extremely weird for a second cousin to buy his cousin lacy underwear. I’m just saying.
- Wall decals.
GODIVA Chocolatiers Gift Hamper – $42
- A jewellery box
Multi-Compartment Jewellery Box – $35.99
- Bath sets!
Bath Set and Wooden Jewellery Box Gift Set – $47.99
Lavender Bath Gift Set – $26.99
- Mani-pedi sets!
Pikachu Onesie – $25
Monsters Inc Sully Onesie – $29
Soundsoul Music Fountain Mini Amplifier Dancing Water Speakers I-station7 Apple Speakers (blue, Bluetooth speaker) – $39.99
- Decorative Pillows
Vans Unisex Authentic Classic Canvas Trainer – $40
Space Print Tapestry – $39
Watercolour Map Of The Colour Tapestry – $20
Night Sky Tapestry – $39
Gifts Upto & Over $100
- Converses! Who doesn’t love converses?
Converse All Star Ox Shoes – White – $50
- TV Box sets! If in doubt, always get someone a box set of their favourite television series!
- Film box sets – I’m thinking Matrix, Twilight etc
Fast And Furious 7 Movie Blu-Ray Collection – $59.80
- Book box sets
George R. R. Martin A Song Of Ice And Fire Leather Box Set – $50
JK Rowling Harry Potter Box Set – $52
Veronica Roth Divergent Box Set – $50
- Hair dryers – okay, yeah, it may not be wildly exciting, but it’s kind of a necessity and hair styling is important to well . . . pretty much every girl I know. If you’re stuck . . . this may be the way to go.
- Hair straighteners!
- Hair curlers (yes, theme. Sorry.)
Infiniti Pro by Conair Curl Secret – $76.99
- Waffle makers! I personally love waffles – well, I mean, who doesn’t love waffles – and if I ever got a waffle maker I think I would cry. I mean, that is literally the dream. Kind of.
Waring Pro WMK200 Belgian Waffle Maker, Stainless Steel/Black – $53.99
- Donut maker! (Do you sense a theme here?)
Stonewall Kitchen Doughnut Maker – $66.99
- Candy floss maker!
Great Northern Popcorn 6304 Vortex Machine with Cart and Electric Candy Floss Maker – $287
- Ice cream maker! (Yes, I’ll stop soon, but just look at all the possibilites . . . imagine if you bought someone all of them . . . they’d love you forever. Hint hint. Buy the food makers.)
Cuisinart ICE-21R Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, Red – $57.55
- Cake Pop Maker!
Babycakes Multi-Treat Baker – $45
- SLUSHIE MAKER!
Retro Slushie Maker – $27.39
- Duvet covers! These come in so many cool, unique designs and are just adorable. I mean, if you know your teenager you can get them a personal favourite (eg an Adventure Time duvet.)
- Silk/satin covers. These look lovely, but for your curly haired (or beauty obsessed) teens, satin sheets are amazing for your skin and completely de-frizz hair.
(More Colours Available) Satin Sheet Set – $24
Marvel Duvet Set – $43.88
Paisley Print Duvet Covers – $76.34
- Games! Games, games, games! My personal favourites include anything to do with Mario, Zelda, Tomb Raider, Sims or Animal Crossing. If you want some ideas, there are lots of lists for popular games – just Google it.
(This game looks amazing. I mean, absolutely hilarious. Watch the trailer on the amazon page and be wowed.)Tomodachi Life (Nintendo 3DS) – $30
- I love, love, love animal crossing. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo 3DS) – $28
- Sims 4!
The Sims 4 – Limited Edition (PC DVD) – $49.49
- A record player! For some reason, everyone is in love with vintage everything at the moment and music is no exception. A lot of albums are released on vinyl now, so why not buy a record player and invest in some record.
- Crosley CR8005A-TU Cruiser Portable Turntable (Turquoise) – $73.60
- Wireless Aston Martin Mouse
Lamborghini Aventador Wireless Mouse (White) – $35
- Victoria’s Secret Set (I can’t handle it. It’s beautiful.)
Victoria’s Secret 10 Piece Lotion & Body Wash Set Pure Seduction, Love Spell, Passion Struck & More- $41.99
- Friends Complete Box Set! Friends is old, but I legitimately don’t know a single girl that doesn’t love it and, now that e4 doesn’t air it anymore (sad face), a box set may be a good idea!
Friends – Season 1-10 Complete Collection (15th Anniversary) [DVD]  – $77
- Healing crystals!
- Healing crystal necklace.
- Underwater Camera
Nikon COOLPIX S33 Waterproof Digital Camera (Blue) – $116
- A spa day!
- A hair cut and style!
- Polaroid camera! (Like I said, an increasing adoration for anything retro seems to be popping up. I blame Urban Outfitters. They’re amazing.)
1 X Fuji Instax Mini 8 N Pink + Original Strap Set Fujifilm Instax Mini 8N Instant Camera – $66.88
Marble Print Doc Martens – $70
- Ecosphere. These are fucking cool – essentially what they are is a- I’m just going to copy and paste the description from their site.
This is a very special little gift indeed. The world’s first completely enclosed ecosystem. It’s a feat created by NASA Scientists – a totally self contained, self sustaining miniature universe wrapped in a clear, glass shell. You really have to see it to believe it.Every single EcoSphere contains a totally sealed ecosystem. There are teeny tiny micro-organisms inside – they’re the shrimp and algae you can see in the picture swimming around in the clear ‘soup’ of filtered sea-water. You don’t need to feed the little shrimp or clean the water, all you need to do is provide a safe environment with lots of indirect natural or artificial light. Your ecosphere will last roughly 3 years. But it’s really not unusual for them to last much longer, some are still going strong after a whopping 10 years.
Ecosphere- Medium – $130.99
Dr Dre Rose Gold Wireless Beats – $210
- Penny Boards! My best friend Sophie tried to explain these to me, but . . . I’m not a skater, so I honestly have no clue. Penny boards are insanely popular, though! (And they come in such a variety of designs you could probably buy one for a non-skater and they’d keep it just to look at)
Penny Board- Skateboard – Multiple Designs – $70
- (For artistic teens) A graphics tablet! I personally need one of these – and a scanner. (If you don’t know what a graphics tablet is, it’s basically a tool to allow you to draw directly onto a computer. It’s great if you like digital art.)
.Huion H610PRO Painting Drawing Pen Graphics Tablet – $76.99
- Magazine Subscriptions! I included a link that actually helps you select which magazine to buy – and iSubscribe is easily the cheapest website I’ve seen. http://www.isubscribe.co.uk/magazine-gift-finder.cfm
- Concert tickets
- Exercise Bike
Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike -$149
- A bike!
- Tour of a football stadium
- Classes – maybe a cooking class, or a poledancing class. Don’t you look at me like that.
- A TV! Most teens have a TV, but bigger is always better.
LG Electronics 42LF5600 42-Inch 1080p LED TV (2015 Model) – $374
- Games consoles!
- xBox One
Xbox One 500GB Console – Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Bundle – $344
Sony PlayStation 4 Console (PS4) – $399
- 3DS – I think 3DS is my favourite console purely because all the games are fucking great; Animal Crossing, Zelda, Mario . . .don’t even start me.
Nintendo 3DS XL – Blue/Black – $188
Adidas Blue Windbreaker – $65
- An iPad is always a great way to go.
Apple iPad 4 with Retina Display – Black (16GB, WiFi) – $389
- A tablet.
- An iPhone. I really want an iPhone – well, half because of the cases, but half because iPhones are fucking cool.
Apple iPhone 6, White, 16GB – $608
ASUS Transformer Book (T100TAF-B11-GR) 10.1″ Detachable 2-in-1 HD Touchscreen Laptop – Intel Atom / 1GB RAM / 32GB eMMC / Windows 8.1 / WiFi / Bluetooth /- $184.98 – – laptops are probably the best gift you could get a teen because they are literally everything – fun, useful and . . . well, technology.
Pizza Bean Bag Chair – $90
Oh, and a sushi one. Because kawaii.
Apple MacBook Pro MD101LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop $852.98 Basically a laptop . . . but taken to the complete next level. No teen would ever complain at a Macbook. My best friend Amber is pining for one.
- Desktop computer
Apple iMac MK442LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop (NEWEST VERSION $1,294.00 – Macs are the best.
- A horse
- Exercise Equipment
- Exotic pets
Gold Dinosaur Mount – $100
- A puppy!
- A kitten
- A Treadmill
Treadmill – $200
- A snake
- A canon camera – this is actually a contribution from my best friend Amber, who really wants one.
Canon PowerShot SX520 HS Digital Camera – (16MP, 42x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD – $170
- If your teen really likes photography, you could get them the whole kit.
Complete Camera + Kit – $419
- Timberland Boots
Womens Timberland 6 Inch Premium Wheat Ankle Boots SIZE 3-8 – $119
- This adorable bracelet that I will one day own, I don’t even care.
Ultimate Disney Classic Charm Bracelet – £159
- WINNIE THE POOH. I love, love, love Winnie The Pooh, so this makes me ridiculously happy.
Pooh and Friends Swarovski Crystal Charm Bracelet – £109
- Experiences – http://www.redletterdays.co.uk/Home
The Jesus-Christ-When-You’re-Old-And-Senile-I’ll-Make-Sure-Your-Nurses-Are-All-Hot-And-Wear-Short-Tight-Uniforms level gifts that will get you in your teen’s good books . . . forever – GIFT BOXES Included
- I have an entire post dedicated to gift hampers here, for your convenience
- A complete wardrobe revamp. (Please, jesus.)
- A complete room revamp.
- Day trip shopping in Paris with friends. (If you take the Eurostar, you can literally drive into France. It’s so cool.) Offer to pay for them and a friend, or offer to take them to Paris for the day. You could go shopping, or Disneyland Paris.
- -Idea/Story Break- So last year this was a present I included – “Winter sleepover in a box”. A gift I thought up for my cousin actually, as she lives in Devon and it gets bloody freezing down there. Basically, you get a pretty box and in it you put all the essentials for a winter sleepover – fluffy socks, a movie, popcorn, a blanket, hot chocolate mix, biscuits and a pair of pyjamas. We brits need our ways to battle the cold, after all – and it inspired a range of my favourite things – gift boxes! (There has been way too many italics in this section. I’m just saying.) But, essentially, I created my own gift boxes and stored them in helpful aStores. Okay? Okay.
This isn’t The Fault In Our Stars, Mia, stop.
- “Managing Your Money” Gift Box – aStore is here
A gift box for those teens who need a bit of help managing their money.
- “Nail Art Perfection” Gift Box – aStore is here
There are so many cute nail designs – and now you can give your teen the gift of being able to do them all themselves!
- Marvel Madness Gift Box – aStore is here
Since Avengers (and obviously before, but Avengers really made it mainstream) everyone is in love with Marvel. This is fucking great because Marvel merch is 1. awesome and 2. easy to find.
- “Organise Your Life” Gift Box – aStore here
More one for those that love school, or need a bit of help organising themselves for it. A gift box complete with everything you need to get back on track.
- “Tumblr Threw Up On Me” gift box. Let me explain this a little bit; so around 80% of teens have Tumblr. (I made up that statistic. But still, my point remains.) Even those of us that don’t have tumblr still kind of use it – because it is literally everywhere. Famous pictures, quotes, T-Shirts, people . . . Tumblr is everywhere. And we love it. So this gift box is all the best things to come out of Tumblr – and any teen girl would love it. – aStore here
- Complete Charm Bracelet; this is an idea that I’ve had for ages – although I want to get people charms as presents every occasion to build up and have them all really meaningful. But a good present would be a complete charm bracelet with charms that relate to the teen. (Eg. their favourite animal, colour, first letter of their name etc) – aStore here
- A complete makeup giftbox – aStore here
- A complete jewellery box – aStore here
- A kindle filled with books
- A gold iPhone.
Apple iPhone 6 Plus NLOCKED Space Grey/Gold/Silver 16/32/64GB SIM FREE (16GB, Gold) – $914
- A puppy
- This is more of a DIY gift – have family put money in mason jar throughout year. At Christmas time, give the jar to your teen.
- Chocolate Lovers – aStore
- Hampers! Hampers are . . . ah, God, they’re just the best. If you open a present to see its a hamper, it’s like another present. If you want to give someone a really great present, get them a hamper – and do it big. Go hard or go home.
- Guylian Hamper (okay, so this one is kind of small, but it’s Guylian so allow me.)
Guylian Hamper 800g – £29.95
- An even bigger Guylian hamper.
Chocolate Gift Hamper… Chocolate Sensations – £44.50
- One last chocolate hamper, because I really want to hammer home what a good idea these are (and I’m drooling look at them)
Mega Deluxe Chocolate Hamper Gift Box – £32.90
Okay, so by presents on the cheap I really am looking at ways to save yourself money at Christmas without having to resort to tack or just generally terrible gift ideas.
So, here a few of my main ideas:
- DIY gift boxes. Don’t shake your head at me – I know you’re thinking “that means I have to buy the stuff myself”, but that’s where it comes in handy. For example, last year I raided Primark and Poundland and cheap shops like that and piled all the stuff together, usually mixed in with a good few gifts too.
I’m not very good at explaining.
In Primark, for example, they sell sets of jewellery – so I bought a few sets of necklaces (you all know those tiny, cute, four packs) and rings and bracelets etc – then went to Poundland and bought things like nice mugs, candles, incense, photo frames, big packs of sweets etc and then went to WHSmiths and bought a bunch of books off clearance (they’re like 5op-£4 each) and came home with bags of stuff, but only £30 spent.
I then took everything out of the packaging and spread it all out – which is when you really realise how much you have. Once you can see all the stuff you’ve bought, you can divide it into seperate gift boxes and wa-la! You’re done! I know you might be a bit sceptical, so I’m going to include what I managed to salvage last year.
Mum: clearance autobiography of one of her favourite comedians (Dawn French), a set of frangrance oils (she has a burner) – poundland, a box of chocolate – Poundland, a necklace, a bracelet and a ring – Primark, and a mug (part of a couples set) from poundland.
I’m not going to explain what I mean by wholesale, I’m just going to show you.
72 (Yes, 72) aloe vera, assorted colours lipsticks for £14.99
72 x Lipstick with ALOE VERA / VITAMIN E Wholesale JOB LOT UK
12 Eyeliner Pencils (Extra Long) for 99p
12 x BLACK EYELINER LONG PENCILS WATERPROOF WHOLESALE JOB LOT UK
24 Lipglosses (12 different colours) for £10.99
24 x BIG LIP GLOSS FRUITY LUXURY 12 DIFFERENT SHADES LONG LASTING MOISTURISING
20 pairs of earrings for £1.99
20 Pairs Rhinestone Crystal Plastic Round Earrings Studs Pin Jewelry Wholesale New arrival
These are just a few examples, but wholesale is a really cheap idea.
- Amazon Outlet. So most of you know about Outlet stores, right? Basically shops where all the unwanted items from brands go – so if Boohoo or Next doesn’t sell all its stock before the new season comes in, they’ll go to an Outlet store and you’ll be able to buy something that was £100 for £10. Amazon has it’s own one of these (usually for over-stock) which is . . . well, pretty damn amazing. Amazon Outlet (Let me include an example actually)
I realise that a lot of people may not need this category, so feel free to skip it – but, if you are at a loss for what to get your teenager, you could get them something for both them and their best friend. Okay there was so much cute best friend jewelry that I had to make a separate section.
First up on the best friend gift section, let’s hit you with some cute.
- Keyrings. Matching keyrings are the both cute and helpful gifts. And some of them are funny too.
Matching Heart Keyring – $5.99
- Actually, just matching jewellery. Then your teen can take cute Tumblr photos – and, trust me, a lot of them will like that.
“Soul Sisters” Matching Pendant Set – $8.99
“Partners In Crime” Necklace Set – $4.99
Best Friend Pizza Necklace Set (6 Pcs) – $8.99
- Although, if you really love pizza (and – to be fair – who doesn’t really love pizza?) you may want to get the really cute coloured pizza slices. We do fancy present ideas here.
Coloured 6pc Pizza Necklace Set – $12.99
- You know what – as a teenager, I can attest to the fact that we love food. So these foodie best friend necklaces are just great. And cute.
Milk and Cookies Necklace Set – $32
Burger And Fries Necklace Set – $11
Pearls of Friendship Dogeared Necklace – $32
- While we’re on the subject of jewellery, (or should I say jewelry, as most of my audience are American. Gosh, the SEO difficulties) sets of jewellery – the non-matching kind – are cute too.
Novelty Toilet Paper and Poop Kawaii Necklace Set – $32
Here are a few Artsy Present Ideas – I have a Pinterest board specifically for Artsy Christmas here if you want a lot more. I tried to stick to things that are very much doable – and can be tailored to somebodies specific personality.
- Polaroid Mannequin
- Treat box!
- Sweet Tree
- “In Case Of Emergency…”
- “Necklace in a walnut”
- Gum bouquet!
- Cupcake In A Jar
- Shadow Saving Box
A photoframe money box – stick a photo of whatever the teen is saving up for (toTRAVEL THE WORLD, a certain college etc) and put it in a photoframe, then cut a slit in for money!
- Money Pizza!
- Money balloons! This would be cute in helium balloons too – especially on birthdays, sneak into your teens room with helium balloons filled with money and confetti. Cute.
- Money chocolate box (and then you can eat the chocolate first too. Win.)
- “Open when” letters – “open when”, you need a new coat, “open when” you need a pick me up, “open when” you’re craving chocolate etc.
- “Rainy day umbrella”
- Money in a sweets jar
The best gift card (for me at least) is an Amazon gift card because everything – and I do literally mean everything – you could get another gift card for is on Amazon. Then again, I just pretty much adore Amazon (it is my heaven as every site I use redeems using Amazon vouchers), so I may be biased.
Greeting Card Voucher – Amazon.co.uk Gift Card – £10-500 (Other designs available)
Gift Box Voucher – Amazon.co.uk Gift Box – £40-£250
Printable Voucher – Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate – £1-£1,000
Brands That Teens Love
- Soap & Glory
My Favourite Things
- This is an aStore of some of my favourite picks http://astore.amazon.co.uk/miaswishlist-21
- This store! All the best notebooks are here and . . . well, we all know h0w much I love notebooks. https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ZeebenDry?page=6
- Alice in Wonderland locket. I just-I just can’t.
We’re All Mad Here, Alice In Wonderland Book Locket Pendant – £9.99
- Snow White And The Seven Dwarves Necklace. Okay, so yes I like weird things. My wishlist is pretty much full of crystals. I’d say don’t judge me, but it doesn’t really matter if you do.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Quirky Necklace (Gift Pouch Included) Cute Kitsch Jewellery (Length 96cm) – £7.50
- Fallen Saint – Shop (this is actually the best shop – they have key necklaces that say the “key to life”, “the key to my memories” etc, Alice in Wonderland…and so much more… I just love it)
- This shop – it sells all the jewellery I love. I just . . . I just can’t. http://emptycasket.bigcartel.com/
- This jumper… Look at it. Just look at it.
- MY CHRISTMAS LIST
This is an evergrowing list, so if you have anything to add feel free to drop me a comment! Send me wishlists, cool present ideas you’ve found, things you like, links, pictures, shops . . .
Don’t forget to share! (And bookmark!)